background

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy

It seems like we have been nonstop since I went back to school. We are in the process of selling our home, we sold our cabin at Patoka, have been working with a builder on our new home, currently looking for a rental, and doing all the normal stuff with a 2 year old and 5 year old. It has been crazy, so I thought I would give a little update on the kids...

JD is still loving school!! He is so proud that he has not had a behavior card pulled yet!! He loves his teacher and all of the things he is learning. He told me the other day his favorite part of school is when his teacher has to talk to another student or teacher in the hallway and they get to be in the class by themselves. They are supposed to read books, but they whisper to their friends and of course he says his teacher has no idea this goes on--I bet she doesn't :):) We have also been struggling with getting him dressed in the morning. He refuses to wear any pants/shorts that button or snap. At first he told me it was because he doesn't want to have to pull his pants all the way down infront of his friends--I can understand that...but now he says it is because it takes to0 long to snap/button his pants back and he wants to get out quickly so that he can be the line leader....WHAT!! I tried to tell him by the time he gets in 4th grade he will go into the restroom and will never come out!

Maggie is starting to do great at the new babysitter. She went a whole week without crying when I dropped her off. It only took 5 weeks! Her speech is coming along too. We are seeing improvements every day!! THANK GOODNESS. We had her hearing tested and it was exactly as it should be, so hopefully we will just continue to see her make gains. Her newest sound is the /k/ at the end of words. It is so neat to hear her talking. We have a meeting this week to transition her to a preschool program at Ferdinand Elementary when she turns 3. I am not crazy about this at all. She seems way too young and little for this. We will have to see in Feb. I still can not believe she will be 3 years old...where does the time go?

No comments: