background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stay at Home Day!

The finished product. I'd say they did a pretty good job!
Discovering she DOES NOT like the icing. I can't blame her- it was pretty bad:)

Making a Window.


Taking their time placing candy on the roof.



Maggie tearing into the box! She could NOT wait to get started




Well...we are officially on our 2nd "Snow Day." JD and Maggie were very excited about this. Mostly to be able to stay home with Mom. After some laundry, we set about to make our annual Gingerbread House. I could not believe how excited Maggie was. She did her chores (folding towels) at a lightening speed. JD however, did not move so fast. Once we convinced him, he joined in pretty quick:) The kids took their job this year very seriously. They placed thier candy in just the right spot with only a few breaks to eat something sweet. We managed to complete the whole house with minimal arguing over where something should be placed. The biggest deal was who got to sit infront of the house. We had to play musical chairs so each kiddo had their "time" infront of the house. Geez....the craziness was well worth it. They both had fun, finished the house, and did not make too big of a mess!! As soon as we were done, Maggie decided it would be a good time to run a small temp. WHAT- I am really tired of all the sickness going around this house. Hopefully with a nap, she will feel better.

No comments: